
One of the homes had this reading nook which I loved.

The next weekend Steve had an equipment rodeo in our home town. Because of all of hard work, we got invited to attend a farm league baseball game. I had never been to our local stadium. It was a very pleasant evening and WE WON! I acted like a celebrity, however, because I left my regular glasses in the car. I looked "special" wearing my sunglasses after dark.

I had won some tickets to a local "Pond Show"on a radio program, so while Steve did his rodeo thing, I toured a few more parade homes and a few ponds. Steve only got to see one pond but it was so amazing that we both decided we will try to attend the whole show next year. This is one of the ponds but not the amazing one. I didn't have my camera for that one.

After the rodeo, we headed north to wish Britton a happy birthday and to check out the local county fair. We always love the food so we had plenty of that and we toured the animal barns, 4-H and home skills displays. The local vendors included this plumbing company which displayed a toilet full of tootsie rolls. The location of the candy did not deter any of us from sampling.

Jenna, Britton and Korinne all enjoyed the challenge of the rock climbing wall. Each of them chose a skill level and gave it their best effort. We were pleased with the efforts of each of them.

Here are the champion rock wall climbers plus me.

Once upon a time, I was pretty good a double shot bball so I challenged Adam to a game. I was promptly put in my place. The old gray mare she ain't what she used to be.

The next weekend we headed north for another county fair, rodeo, Anna's recital, Steve's birthday and a whole lot of yard work on the place we own up there. Everyone pitched in and worked super hard. Then we managed to fit in a little play.

Brinley surprised Steve with a German chocolate birthday cake. Wow, look at all those flames!

It was yummy with vanilla ice cream. Here is Brinley's blue ribbon display she made for sewing in 4-H. She also got ribbons, for cooking, a cooking demonstration, and a style review. Congratulations, Brinley! That was a lot of hard work and you did a great job.

While at the fair Elsie, Anna and Jantzen all chose to take a ride on a horse. They rode like pros.

Here's Anna just before her recital. She played all of the songs in Suzuki Book I from memory and did an excellent job. She didn't even seem nervous. Afterwards, we celebrated with a yummy dinner with both sets of grandparents and one set of great grandparents.


The next day after working in both yards all morning, Heather and I took the kids south 30 miles to have lunch at the equipment rodeo and do a little school shopping.

Quinn was tired from all of the weed pulling.

Everyone munches down on hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, cookies and soda pop. Thanks, Grandpa for inviting us.

After a few school shopping errands, Heather dropped me back at the rodeo and headed home for some swimming fun. We headed back south and arrived home pretty darn tired. It was an event filled weekend. The rodeos are a lot of work for Steve. He's glad for a break from rodeos for a couple of weeks.
1 comment:
You sure had a packed August! I am glad that you got to do so many fun things with family.
Post a Comment