Saturday, February 13, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day And Other Good Things!


Last Sunday Korinne had a bandage on her forehead so of course Jameson needed one too.  Sometimes we get such a kick out of him.  He loves the Christmas book I bought this year about gloomy Mr. Toomey and so he asks me to keep getting it out.  Here Adam is reading a few pages from it.
I love this Jordan River Temple where I attend almost every week.  This is a photo I took a couple of years ago when the trees were blooming so beautifully in the spring.  Steve and I joined the busy throngs this week for a session.  Today, Sat. Feb. 13 is the last day it will be open prior to the beginning of  an extensive renovation.  We were part of this temple district when it was first announced and made a sacrificial donation for its construction.  I also remember the dedication back on November, 1981.  I will seriously miss my weekly visits to this temple during its remodeling for the next couple of years.
Thursday, I met with Maretta, Marlene and Mynon to celebrate our 67th birthdays.  We have celebrated with lunch for over 20 years.  We originally started out by having dinner with our husbands, but somewhere along the line we switched to lunches which proved to be better since two of our friends are now divorced. Maretta, Mynon and Marlene were born the same day, Feb. 7th but I was born 5 days earlier.  Back in the late 1980's we were all attending the same ward and that is when we realized our birthdays were so close.  It's so wonderful that we are all still valiant sisters in the gospel of Jesus Christ.  What a fun reunion we have! I feel so blessed when I meet with them for truly my cup runneth over with family blessings! You all make me so happy with your choices and your valiant lives.

Steve and I decided to celebrate Valentines by going to breakfast at a famous local eatery called Herm's.  Sorry that I remembered to take the picture after we had started eating.  After breakfast, we explored some of our favorite stores, Home Depot, Lowe's and Cal-Ranch.  I was looking for a bellows for my primary lesson tomorrow.  We checked on items for upcoming projects along the way.  We always enjoy planning and dreaming.
Valentine's Day back in 1969 was an important event in our courtship.  I splurged big time and bought Steve a navy blue sweater and gave it to him as a Valentine.  He had been preferred to a big girl's choice dance by another admiring suitor.  He said "no" to her and went with me.  I think it was because of the sweater or at least because I made such a big display of my affections.  I was careful with my dimes and nickels back then too.
A lot of snow melted this week in SL valley but our CV yard is still covered with about 2 feet of snow.  There is no global warming/climate change going on here.  IT IS STILL WINTER!
I love this photo of Xander waiting in the school lunch line with the big kids.   Libbie posted it on her Instagram this week.  Back in the day, Steve P loved wearing a shirt and tie and dressing up to assume authority roles with his classmates.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Glad the birthday celebrations continue...