This was my first year to attend Rootstech. It is hard to type this name into your device because the autocorrect wants to change it to something else. However, I will be persistent. This family history conference is amazing and I am almost excited enough to want to try AGAIN to find family names. I am definitely going to but I think that I will get an "expert" to sit down with me so that I can increase my chances for success. It didn't happen today because my experts were busy baking cookies and watching the Superbowl. Yay Broncos!
I am also more committed than ever to continue blogging since this is family history work too. Hopefully, all of our family members will also keep blogging. Thanks for your efforts.
At the conference, we were given the apostalic challenge to do our own family names each time we attend the temple to do ordinances and of course, we were encouraged to attend the temple often. The temple I attend most often is the Jordan River Temple and it is closing after this next week for two years so I have been mourning that loss of convenience. Now I will need to make a greater effort to find names and attend the temple but I know it will be worth it. I can do hard things!
Next year's Rootstock is scheduled for February 8-11. I plan to attend. Thanks, Hilary, for getting me a ticket and inviting me along. I loved the energy and commitment of all of those family historians and researchers.




No comments:
Post a Comment