
After a lifetime of feeling guilty, two family history courses, lots of help from Hilary and Britton and a Rootstech boot camp last Saturday, I FINALLY found an ancestor who needs her temple ordinances done. I was so excited yesterday when I thought I had found someone so I started texting Hilary about the next step to register the information and reserve the ordinances. She was finally available to come over and help me this morning before church. We were able to add the information and sources and then reserve and print the ordinance cards. I can't wait to share those temple blessings with Magdalena Gruner, an ancestor on my grandfather McMurray's side born in 1664. She's been waiting a long time!

At the request of the Bishop this morning. We hosted the missionaries for dinner tonight. It was an interesting meal as I wanted to make sure there was plenty of food and I was trying out new recipes for a chicken cashew stir fry and an old fashioned southern jam cake. We liked the cashew recipe but I doubt I will make the cake again. I made it in the shape of a heart and that was probably the best thing about it. We started out with chips and fresh homemade salsa, a strange introduction to the Chinese main course. I guess you could say we had an international meal. The elders didn't complain though and I think they got full. I'm sure it was a meal they won't have again. Korinne took these photos of Jameson. Britton did a wonderful job performing "Oh My Father" on the cello in sacrament meeting today. Thanks, Britton. Hope you all had a Happy Valentine's Day!
2 comments:
Congrats on finding a name - that is exciting!
WOW I am so impressed. I didn't figure there were any family names left to do. Way to go!!!!
Post a Comment